Celebrate National Poetry Month with JSTOR
Since 1996, schools and libraries have been celebrating poetry every April with National Poetry Month. We’ve gathered some resources to help you join the celebration.
We created a set of printable flyers that highlight poetry topics in depth. Each flyer has tear-off tabs along the bottom that include citations for poems and articles on JSTOR. Print the files, snip the tabs, and post them in your classroom and library.
- Learn more about Contemporary American Poets
- Learn more about Performance Poetry
- Learn more about T.S. Eliot’s “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
And here are five of JSTOR Daily‘s best articles on poets and poetry:
- The privileged and impoverished life of Phillis Wheatley
- 10 poems by African-American poets
- 7 poems by Marie Howe
- 10 breathtaking nature poems
- 10 poems by Lucie Brock-Broido
Look for more Daily articles on poetry this month!
Pieces like the above tap into JSTOR’s growing library of scholarship to help provide context for today’s news and issues. We’re often adding new content on poetry, writing, and language & literature to the JSTOR platform, so be sure to check the new content announcements in our For Librarians section.