Momentum for Open Access and Path to Open
Path to Open is hitting its stride with some exciting developments in the past few weeks. Here are highlights since we released the list of the first 100 books on October 4th:
- One of the first Path to Open books released, On Music Theory and Making Music More Welcoming for Everyone by Philip Ewell, is making a real stir in the music world. Choice called it “Essential.” The reviewer writes: “This book may represent the cusp of a racial reckoning for music theory in the US.” To hear Philip Ewell discuss his research and the book, check out these podcast interviews: New Books in Music, Music Ed Insights, Sound Expertise, Our Body Politic, Information Morning Nova Scotia, Current Affairs, and Van Magazine (subscriber only). We look forward to the continued success of this and many other Path to Open titles.
- More than 100 libraries are now committed to Path to Open.
- ProQuest, part of Clarivate, is now offering libraries an onramp for participating in Path to Open. Libraries should contact their ProQuest representative to learn more.
- Looking ahead, we’ve started working with Path to Open presses on the 2024 title list! There are over 150 titles selected to be published in the program. Visit the title list page to view the latest titles.
To learn more about Path to Open, please join us at the Charleston Conference, November 6-10, 2023 at booth #137 and at two sessions where we’ll be speaking about Path to Open:
- The Value of Aggregation in an Open Access World, November 9 at 2:40 PM
- The Vital Role of Community-Building in Open Access Initiatives, November 10 at 11:50 AM
We look forward to more presses, librarians, and industry organizations joining us on the Path to Open.